Ladbrokes Casino have recently conducted the ultimate LAD survey to discover how our noble nation separates the men from the boys by assessing a variety of tasks, challenges and activities.
We’ve decided to pull out a few of the key pointers and put our favourite Arsenal lads to the test:
· The nation definitely appreciates a good FIFA player, as 9% of the nation awards you 3 man points for World Class status (35% of respondents deemed this manly) on the and 9% award 5 lad points for legendary status.
· According to respondents, Country music is the most embarrassing to have in your CD collection with 10% saying they would subtract the maximum 5 lad points and 47% of those surveyed deeming it unmanly.
· Apparently the acceptable ‘selfie’ trend doesn’t stretch to men with 23% of the nation choosing to deduct the maximum 5 lad points to any man taking snaps of just them and 60% of respondents deeming this unmanly! (The 25k likes on Arsenal’s victory selfie at White Hart Lane would probably say otherwise!)
· Respect goes to those who complete a Man Vs Food style challenge with the majority of respondents awarding +5 lad points and 48% of respondents deeming this manly.
· The majority of respondents would award +2 lad points for being able to grow epic facial hair with 45% of the nation deeming this manly. Yes Cashley we mean you!
So, how do you fare up against the Arsenal lads? Well you can find out if you’ll be holding the LAD cup high and proud or relegated to the pansy division here with the definitive lad points scoring system.
Passionate 50+ ST holder who has been making the journey to N5 regularly since the early 1980s – although his first game was in 1976. Always passionate when talking about The Arsenal, Dave decided to send a guest blog to Gunnersphere in the summer of 2011 and has not stopped writing about the Gunners since. He set up up his own site 1 Nil Down 2 One Up which he has now sold and since the summer of 2013 with a friend he launched a new project to offer new and aspiring Arsenal writers a home. Gunners Town is that platform and Dave writes here too. He is also the author of 2 Arsenal related books.