Gunners Town ‘Defining Moments’ Competition Rules
Eligibility, Dates, Prize
- The competition shall be open to all visitors of www.gunnerstown.com
- There is no charge for entry to the Gunners Town “Defining Moments” Competition and as such, the cost of such entry shall be deemed as free of charge.
- The prize for the successful winner of the competition shall be a rare Artist Proof (one of only six in existence – surely a collectible item!) of the original artwork screenprint “The Return Of The King”, by Matt Slaymaker, as depicted here.
- No cash alternative or other prize will be offered other than the prize as indicated above.
- The competition start date shall be 4th June, 2013 and the closing date shall be 21st June, 2013 * at 6pm GMT (*Competition has been extended by a week).
- Any entries received after the closing date and time specified above, shall be disqualified from the competition.
- No one associated with Gunners Town, i.e. owners, writers or other contributor(s) shall be eligible for entry to the completion for the sake of fairness, impartiality and good order!
Submission Details, Format
- Entries must be included in the BODY of an email sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the SUBJECT: Defining Moments Competition Entry. Please do not send pre-formatted Word or PDF documents, or other documents that embed images!
- All entries must include your NAME, POSTAL ADDRESS, EMAIL ADDRESS and a CONTACT TELEPHONE NUMBER.
- All submissions must include an IMAGE (whose filetype is either JPEG, PNG or GIF, and whose shortest side is no less than 640 pixels) and a DESCRIPTION of the image, relevant to the theme “Defining Moments”. See here for an example entry.
- By submitting an entry, you are granting Gunners Town permission to publish your “Defining Moment” (image and description) on the relevant pages on www.gunnerstown.com.
- Entries will be added to the Defining Moments competition page within 3 days of receipt.
Judging, Announcement of Finalists, Winner
- Entrant’s name will NOT be included with their submission, so as not to influence the Judge(s).
- Once the completion has closed, the Judging panel (or individual Judge as agreed by Gunners Town) will select five (5) finalists.
- On 23rd June, 2013 five (5) Finalists will be announced on www.gunnerstown.com, upon which time readers will be asked to vote for their favourite/winner.
- On the 28th June, 2013 the WINNER will be announced.
- The Winner shall be the finalist who receives the most votes from Gunners Town readers.
- In the event of a tie for first place, Gunners Town will either post upon www.gunnerstown.com the two entries with equal votes, and request readers to make a further choice of Winner, or in the alternative, Gunners Town will ask the Judging panel (or individual Judge) to decide the Winner from the final two entries with equal votes.
- In any event, the Gunners Town Judge’s decision shall be considered as final.
- Gunners Town will make available the total number of votes cast for each individual finalist upon request, but reserves the right to post such results generally upon www.gunnerstown.com at the end of the competition.
- The Winner agrees to have their name announced on Gunners Town as the ‘Winner of the Defining Moments Competition’.
- No other personal information (such as the Winner’s postal address, email address, or social media information relating to the Winner) will be published.
Delivery of Prize, Copyright, Right of Admission
- Although the competition is open to all visitors to www.gunnerstown.com, please note that the prize on offer will only be delivered (postage free) to a UK mainland address. As such, if you are applying for entry to this completion from outside of the United Kingdom, please ensure that you provide a UK mainland address for delivery of the prize in the event that you are the successful winner. The prize will not be sent overseas unless you specifically request this is to be done at your own cost from the United Kingdom, which will require payment for such delivery prior to despatch.
- Any images that we may post along with your entry will be done so in good faith. Any copyright attaching to any images that may be supplied by you, or are placed upon this site by Gunners Town are done so on the understanding that ALL copyright(s) and any intellectual property right(s) attached thereto will always remain with the copyright holder of such image or images.
- This competition is run in good faith by www.gunnerstown.com. No liability can be accepted for entries that are not received by Gunners Town, and for the sake of good order, it is suggested that you visit the ‘Defining Moments’ competition page to ensure that your entry has been received.
- If you have submitted an entry and it does not appear on the ‘Defining Moments’ competition page within three days of submission, then please contact us.
- Gunners Town reserves the right not to post any entries that are considered in our view to be of an offensive nature, derogatory or the like.
From all of us here at Gunners Town… GOOD LUCK!