So, it seems that anyone can get a job on Sky Sports these days and the latest ex-pro not good enough to try his arm at being a pundit is, England deserter and Ginger Henchman, Paul Scholes.
In an attempt to ingratiate himself with the masses, he has jumped on the populist bandwagon and dug the knife into The Arsenal and Arsene Wenger.
(Footnote: I have heard that the participation in ‘Arsene baiting’ is growing so quickly that the IOC are lobbying for it to be added to the next summer Olympics)
Scholes’ rant went as such:
• “In my eyes, Arsenal are a million miles away from winning the title,”
•“The Artetas, the Cazorlas, Rosickys, and Ozil as well, although I know he’s not played for a bit, it seems like they go on the pitch with no discipline. It’s almost as if they say: ‘You four, five midfielders, go out there do what you want. Try and score a goal, a few little nice one-twos, a bit of tippy-tappy football. Don’t bother running back’.”
•” Jack Wilshere, he came on the scene and what a top player he looked, but he’s never really gone on. His development, he doesn’t look any better now than he did at 17.”
Well, JOG ON, Fergie’s Lapdog.
Yes we’ve been poor in three big games this year and yes we are very unlikely to win the title, but, stones, glass houses and all that.
Maybe you should look a bit closer to home before you start spouting the The Adrian Durham view of life and slagging off The Arsenal.
1. ManUre are 17 points behind Liverpool, The Arsenal are seven. If we are a million miles away, ManUre are lightyears away.
2. ManUre have spent (net) £66.7 million this season, The Arsenal spent £32.5 m, well worth -10 points, I think.
3. ManUre’s dynamic and inspiring midfield of Michael Carrick, Darren Fletcher, Ashley Young and Marouane Fellaini, wouldn’t even make it onto the bench at The Emirates.
4. Wilshere hasn’t progressed? Injuries aside, he’s ten times the player of United’s great white hope Tom Cleverley ever will be!
Arsene and The Arsenal have had their ups and downs this season, but at least we are looking at our 17th successive season in The Champions League, whereas ManUre are looking at mid table obscurity (hopefully a Liverpool-esque stay there) and Thursday nights at home in front of the fire with a warm coco!
So before you start feathering your Sky Sports nest by joining the party line and slag of The Arsenal, check out your own. Manure are in disarray, the big names want out and the fans are flying planes overhead calling for David Moyes’ head on a stick.
TheSundayMorningGooner: I don’t know what the translation of a mile into a point is either!
English by birth, Australian by choice. Traffic Engineer, Arsenal ST Holder, Sun DreamTeam Winner, Writer on @GunnersTown, Depeche Mode, Welcome to my world…